Saturday, August 29, 2009

Pack rat

Mark and I live in a nice sized four-plex. It's two bedrooms with a LARGE kitchen. You would think this would be big enough for us and our 7 pound yorkie. It's not.

I should have known there would be trouble. When Mark moved in back in June of 2006 I took it upon myself to move all my extra stuff in while he was at work. At the time Mark worked 6 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. and with overtime and the long drive he didn't get home until 4 a.m.-ish. You might ask 'How much extra stuff can a 24 year old who still lives at home have?' Let me tell you (or let my dad tell you) A LOT. 

See I had at least 6 rubber maid containers of Tupperware stored in my dad's outbuilding and maybe another couple tubs in his garage. This isn't counting the non-Tuppperware kitchen items I'd squirreled away in my closet and under my bed. I had A LOT of extra stuff. If Mark knew of all this stuff I don't think he would have given me the OK to move it into his brand new apartment.

At this point you may be wondering why a 24 year old would have this much kitchen stuff (mainly Tupperware) Besides the fact that I'm addicted to cute kitchenware and gadgets, I was a Tupperware Sales Consultant for a couple years. No I didn't sell that much. But I sure bought a lot. Basically every 'deal' available, I bought. So I amassed quite a collection. 

This collection found it's way to Mark's brand new kitchen with strict instructions that he couldn't use any of it without me. I even bought him cheap ugly fake plasticware to eat off of. This was my brand new Tupperware and I just knew he wouldn't take care of it. 

Well my cousin and I lugged all those Rubbermaids the three streets over from where I lived with my parents to this new apartment. We started stocking the cabinets. There are a good number of cabinets. And before we knew it .... they were full! We are talking 'Where is the food going to go!' full!! 

Needless to say I had to have a major sort. So my brother and friend inherited some pieces that I could part with and our other friends have been receiving nice Tupperware sets for their wedding showers ever since. 

So from that story you can tell I have a lot of stuff. Well add to that Mark who has a lot of random stuff too and before you know it our nice sized apartment has filled up. We have two bedrooms but we should actually say we have one bedroom and a large walk-in closet. 

So tomorrow we are going to tackle this giant walk-in closet and hopefully clear out some of  our stuff. And maybe we'll find some more potential wedding gifts along the way! (Do you think I could give a paint ball gun or a set of golf clubs at a wedding??)

No comments:

Post a Comment