Sunday, January 03, 2010

First appointment success



Well we made it. We made it to that first appointment. I was immediately taken back to the ultrasound room where I was promptly settled onto the chair/table. Almost immediately our little blob showed up. I think I had my eyes closed. I just wanted to make sure there was something there and I wasn't dreaming this whole experience before I opened my eyes. I was trying not to really look at the monitor until I heard Mark say 'Is that the heartbeat?' It was confirmed that in fact it was and I immediately began searching for it. Pure relief flooded over me. It was official.....our blob has a heartbeat!



I didn't need to see anything else. I had all the confirmation that I needed. We are growing a living being. I (We) couldn't be happier. Granted our 'baby' does look more like a blob right now but we're confident that that blob will soon take shape.


So to summarize.....We have a heartbeat! And it's strong....176. Now we just have to make it to the end of January to meet the doctor and get to the second trimester.

1 comment: