Monday, November 22, 2010

Recycled Crayons

At 1 a.m. the other night I decided to start an art project. I made recycled crayons!! I imagine this being a great project to do with your kids or even a simple Christmas gift, just add a stack of copy paper :)


I used a mini muffin tin and an assortment of crayons. I preheated the oven to 275 degrees. While it was heating, I broke the crayons into pieces and removed the paper. Then I sprayed the tin with vegetable oil and filled them with crayons. Just put whatever colors you like together. Either colors in the same color family or just whatever you think goes together.



Then put the tin in the oven for about 10 minutes or until all the crayons are melted. It may take longer if you use a cupcake pan.



Once the crayons are melted remove them from the oven and let them cool. When they are cool just remove them from the pan. They should just pop out.

No comments:

Post a Comment