Sunday, September 27, 2009

My new toy

I brought my Dad's old Pentax K1000 home with me tonight. I'm super excited. I'm so excited I made Mark rush me to Wal-Mart to get batteries for it at 10 p.m. And much to his surprise they had the exact battery we needed! I haven't used a 'real' camera since my senior year in high school for a graphic arts class. I totally feel in love with it then and have no idea why I waited this long to ask my dad to use his. For some reason I thought the flash was broken on this old camera but he said the base is only cracked and he thinks it will be fine.

I've been saving up for a Canon rebel and I am still no where near ready to buy it so this 35 mm will be perfect practice for me while I wait for my fancy digital. Mark and I have been looking for a hobby that we can both get into together and I think we might have found it. All our other hobbies (quilting, scrapbooking on my part; video games on his part) just don't appeal to each other. We have been talking about taking up photography together for a few years now and I'm ready to make the jump into 'new hobby world' with him.

I guess we'll see how well the old Pentax works tomorrow. Mark has a half day and work and I'm off the whole day so we are going to go to the park and use a roll of film and see if this old thing is still in working order.

No comments:

Post a Comment