Thursday, June 25, 2009

Much needed vacation

Our trip to the Keys came at the perfect time for us. We really needed a chance to recharge our batteries after some stressful months in the Mortis household. The last night in Key West I realized I was stressfree! There really isn't a point to this particular post. I just wanted to share some of my favorite vacation pictures with everyone. I'll also give a run down of the trip for those interested. BE WARNED THERE ARE MULTIPLE PICTURES!




Once we got to Key West we went out to meet the bride and groom's friends for dinner. The above picture was taken that first night while we were waiting to be seated at the 'restaurant.' I put this in quotes because it was more of a bar that we were just waiting on our reserved seats.





The next day, Friday, we shopped on Duvall Street and around Mallory Square until about 2 p.m. and then we went back to our hotel and got ready for the beach party we would be attending that night. We went to Fort Zachary Taylor beach and had a blast! Then we went out on Duvall Street that night and continued our party.








Saturday was the wedding. It was beautiful. It was in the bride's parent's backyard overlooking the ocean. And it was SUPER hot! They passed out fans for all the guest!



Beautiful! Once the ceremony was over we went to a sushi bar to eat. (I'll post separately about this!)


After the toasts and meal we headed down to the docks again for our Sunset sailboat cruise! BEAUTIFUL. By far our favorite part of the trip!





As you can see 'We're on a boat.' We listened to that SNL song mulitple times while on the boat!

The last day there I finally made it to Hemingway's home! I was super excited to tour the property and learn all about Hemingway's time in Key West. Maybe I'll do a separate post on what I learned there! It was VERY interesting and a great way to cap off our trip!



Last I want to update everyone on my Crocs. ... They were fabulous! I wore them everyday and no blisters! They only time I didn't have them on was for the actual ceremony, but then I put them back on when we went to the sailboat. We did a ton of walking and they held up great. When I noticed they were dirty I jumped in the shower with them on and rinsed them off! Best vacation shoes ever! And it was so hot outside I didn't even notice my feet sweating in them.

3 comments:

  1. I love the Hemingway house, and all the little kitties!!! Glad you had a good time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the cutest crocs I've ever seen! I LOL'ed about the "On a Boat" thing, that song is so awesome, haha. Glad you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big Crocs fan but I have to admit those were really comfortable! No blisters at all and we walked a TON!

    ReplyDelete